First things first: We just released an update of our MULTIPLAYER App called “SNOWGRE“, available for FREE on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snowgre/id560450513?mt=8
SNOWGRE – Multiplayer game using Game Center
Please have a look, download it for free and consider buying some extra lives and unlock the multiplayer feature to play against people from all over the world! Play agains me => my nickname is “GABEHOE” or against my co-worker Adrian => “ADIMAN84” 😀
We’d love to hear suggestions and receive feedbacks from you… and compete with you! Hahahah…
On this blog post I am going to show you how to use Game Center (Game Kit Framework) to make an amazing Multiplayer Game like SNOWGRE… well, not the whole game, but at least I will show you how to code the multiplayer stuff! 😉
Step 1: Prepare the App to receive Push Notifications
In this tutorial I will explain all steps how to make an app for production that can receive Push Notifications. Basically there are 3 steps that must be explained:
- Prepare the app to receive Push Notifications
- Login Developer Account & modify/enable app ID to receive PNs
- Use your new and PN enabled provisioning profile
- Modify AppDelegate to handle PNs
- Do some sorcery on your terminal
- Generate cert & key files used by your php script to comm. with APNS
- Make some nice and easy PHP scripts to send messages right away
- Build/modify provided Database-creation code to save device information
- Build up database to receive user information
- Take it all together – done!
Welcome to iOSAppLove!
We’ll post here tutorials about how to code/design/develop iOS Apps. With our years of experience in developing Apps for iPhone and iPad, we decided to start this amazing blog to share (and gain!) some knowledge with the beloved iOS dev community 🙂
Feel free to write us and request tutorials about anything concerning iOS development!
All the best
gabe = nil;